View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 11:13 AM   #1
BravestDog

I want to address the issue of passenger seating, that is passengers # 3, 4, 5, 6...who might be in the rig while driving and their seating positions.

I always thought the best seats are either in the front, ie driver or passenger, or behind them with big opening windows on the sides so you can see where you are going forward and out the side windows.

When driving at night, in the rain, at freeway speeds in the mountains on unfamiliar roads...another set of eyes on the road can be of assistance to watch out for road hazards, cars, people...

So my question is where do the people in the motorhome sit while the rig is driving? Sitting on a couch can be uncomfortable since you may not be able to see out the windows and sitting sideways in a moving truck may be an uncomfortable position, motion sickness...

Has anyone seen conversions where the cockpit of the truck is filled with maybe an additional row of seats behind the drivers seat, (I'm thinking big bench type seat with foldup armrests and fold up center section so people can pass through the cockpit to the cabin area) so the cockpit area is the preferred place to be for the best seating and view when driving and then how does that affect the living space of the motorhome? Does it reduce it and make it unusable or does it make it better because now more people can sit and watch the road while driving in the cockpit?

Then when the rig has stopped, this 2nd row bench seat turns can be turned around to face the interior of the motorhome?

I'm trying to get an idea of how the best placement of seats are so guests can enjoy the driving view and then these seats become part of the motorhome cabin area.

Does anyone have any pictures of such arrangements or any comments on this idea?

Thanks.
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote