View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 10:38 PM   #1
dirtdevil

ok, I am new to this forum, but, I have found alot of answers to my questions here,just reading other posts and topics , thanks for the information to all, what I have in my mind is building a 14' toter to pull my 36" haulmark gooseneck racecar trailer , I recently looked over a Powerhouse conversion that was a bank repo and absolutly fell in love with it ,It was built on a mid 90's HDT frieghtshaker chassis I have found these trucks are proubly in my price range to get things started, (and if I possibly go with a larger trailer someday), id hope it (frieghtliner fld120) is equivelent to match, I proubly (realistically) put on less than 7k throughtout the racing season I travel with a group of buddies that share the same interest, and we are "mild moutain men", so luxury isnt a demand ( AC and a shower is proubly most important )the other chassis I have been looking at, and seems to look really nice with a conversion is a MDT topkick or kodiak ? is the registration costs and power differance worth the debate? which engine/tranny and rearend ratio should I be looking for for optimum performace (for today) in either chassis, id like mileage around, or better than 10mpg ? is that possible? without a dog under the hood? Im possibly going to reside in this unit when my trade requires me to travel some ? majoriy of welding, fab, and construction, I am not afraid of doing myself, the resouces to obtain the correct materials are my only troubled areas? also is it possible that Powerhouse does this conversion without streaching the frame ( I didnt look close enuff to tell)? your help is greatly appreciated. dirtdevil
dirtdevil is offline   Reply With Quote