Thread: My FLD120
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2002, 11:51 AM   #6
onezman

Great looking rig you have Warpath. I'll be following your progress. I thught of doing your type of conversion myself, but decided it was too big a project for me. I also considered taking a travel trailer, removing the axles and setting it on the frame rails of a class 8 truck.

This is a project I am still considering. The biggest problem would be mating the back of the cab or sleeper to the front of the trailer. I would want trailer access from the cab.

BTW, In 1996 I ordered a new extended cab all air ride FL60. Let's just say I was very unhappy with this truck. Since then, I have owned and converted 4 class 8 Volvos (very minor conversions compared to your project) I sold 3 of them to other Rvers.

I used all these trucks as my daily driver. I love driving a class 8 truck. I registered all
my Volvos as motorhomes. No CDL is required to drive them and no stopping at weigh stations when towing my travel trailer or bobtail.

The 1999 Volvo motorhome I am now driving is for sale in the classified section of this website
under "motorhome" Those interested in calss 8s
might want to check it out. There are 17 large pictures on my private party webpage.

onezman
onezman is offline   Reply With Quote