View Single Post
Old 09-02-2002, 06:43 PM   #1
Warpath

Well I have spent the last 2 years researching truck conversion companies and I have settled on a Show Hauler. Seeing that Show Hauler was not even in the running a month ago, you may ask what dramatic change occured to put them on top.

Let me start by defining the front runners. One of the first companies I looked at was Transport Design. They are very flexible and will build a complete unit, or put just a box on your truck and let you complete the interior, or go as far as you want them to. They use tubular steel construction with aluminum skin either riveted or bonded. I started adding up what it would cost me to do the interior and found I may be better off looking at other companies to do the box & interior. Kibbi (Renegade) definitely moved to the top of the list after touring the factory and test driving a unit. Kibbi uses 5/8" FRP (fiberglass reinforced plywood)construction on its walls and roof. There is no metal frame above the floor, the walls are the structural component which holds it all together. This is very strong and I must say I was very impressed with this building method, which blows away any traditional motorhome manufacture who builds a fiberglass coach. They like to build complete units, but will put a completed motorhome box on your chassis. Some of the others I considered where Haulmark & Trendsetter, and I definitely do not like the idea of putting a travel trailer on a truck such as Easter Conversions. I am not saying this is bad, but I just don't like the construction of TT's & traditional motorhomes in general.

Then came Show Hauler! They don't have a website (due out very soon) so I didn't have alot of information on them. On the recommendation of Jason at Big Foot Levelers I contacted the factory and spoke with Lonnie Troyer. I made a appointment to tour the factory and I was blown away. Show Hauler just puts it all together. They use a structural steel frame with walls on 16" O.C., a bonded .063 aluminum exterior, and a interior which is built the way a motorhome should be. It is the attention to details which I believe sets Show Hauler above the others. I will be putting together a detailed factory tour in a few days which will show the Show Hauler difference.

This week I will be finalizing my floor plan & a few extra's I want added. It is not much, they really have a great standard package, and a very fair price.

Bill

1995 FL FLD120, M11, custom interior.

[This message was edited by warpath on November 20, 2002 at 10:15 AM.]
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote