View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 11:36 PM   #4
Matt Merrill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by madbrit:
Matt,

From what you have stated, you will be legally limited to a 30ft motorhome as most States have a max overall length of combined vehicle and tag trailer of 65ft. By stating 35ft as the trailer length was this including the hitch or just the body? If you have to add the hitch of 4 to 5 ft, then you will be another 4 or 5ft shorter on the motorhome.

With a 35ft trailer you may be better with a Totter-home with a 5th wheel capability. I am not sure on the max length for a non-commercial 5th wheel combo, you will have to check on that and the 65ft I mentioned above in your home State as I said, they all vary a little.

You can find your States' Statutes online and delve into them for hours.......... Good luck.

Peter. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the advice and info. I have not selected the trailer yet so I am a little flexible with the length.

I want to avoid a fifth wheel if possible since there are more tag trailers available in the size, weight, and cost range I am looking for.

Matt
Matt Merrill is offline   Reply With Quote