View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 06:25 AM   #19
fastlap

Well I now have new front springs, frame brackets, pins, and bushings ! and the fornt is 1.125" lower , the rear looks alot better but is still out about an inch side to side that is alot better than it was but still not good enough !
next will be new wear blocks in the rear brackets ! the old ones look fine but I will replace them anyway !
after that I will have to shim under the Z spring I guess !
I still do not know what makes this thing level side to side , but I can tell you it has little or nothing to do with the air bags as now I can isolate each one and at ride ht. the truck sits the same on only one bag (either one) alone ! I am thinking it is the distance form center of the axel to the z spring contact point but I am not sure cause things seem to work ass backwards !
you shim one side and the other side goes up instead , if anyone really understands the geometry of volvo air ride and can explain it to me please call (collect 8456263412)tony.
as for now I only know that I don't know and I am going back under the truck , where I live !!! thanks T
fastlap is offline   Reply With Quote