View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 06:18 PM   #19
Bob E

Well,...the shell build is complete! From the exterior it looks like it's ready to live in,...from the inside it looks like a racketball court. Jason at Hawk Engineering did a class A+ job, everything that was specified in the contract was completed in a very professional manor.
Now the fun begins. I brought it home a week ago and (of course) had a 30 mph head wind all the way. Figured my fuel mileage and was pleasently suprised. Even with the head wind I got an even 8 mpg. Hopefully, when it gets broke in (and without a headwind) it'll do even better.
I think I've got a master plan finalized (?) that will map out the interior construction. Next week I'll begin installing awnings, roof AC's, TV antennas, solar panels, exterior wiring, etc. Then start insulating. I've decided to use 2" extruded foam in the walls and ceiling, then add additional 4" fiberglass in the roof between the drop ceiling and roof structure. Hopefully this will make it comfortable Summer and Winter.
I'll attempt to post updates as I progress. There is no doubt my "master plan" will end up being revised a hundred times in the next few months. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
Bob E is offline   Reply With Quote