View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 03:10 PM   #1
BravestDog

As a owner of multiple dogs, I generally take them everywhere I go. I enjoy their company.

Wondering if anyone has designed the interior of their rig to include dog kennels?

I was thinking of a diner booth that could hold 2 dogs under the bench portion of each seat and possibly a third kennel in the center by dropping the table down to make a ceiling and adding a front door so they can't escape. A person could also sleep on top of the diner.

I have a medium 60lb er and a larger 90lb er. The 90lb er seems to fit well in a kennel thats 30-36" high x 28-30 wide x 42-48" deep. That size allows him to stand up, turn around...He would probablly prefer 36" in the height and width and 48 in length, but it appears that he is comfortable in the smaller version.

I know that 36" is a bit high for a booth type seat in a diner but you could always add a raised floor in the center area so your feet can remain on a solid surface.

And 30" high is just fine. He just can't stand at full height. But they usually are lying down and only stand to turn around...

Any dog owners with any floor plans?
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote