View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 09:49 PM   #5
geof

.....In the Airstream in 10 degree weather the "hand thermometer" could just barely feel the aluminum studs with a constant 70 degree indoor temp. I was going to induce some steam to look for frost spots to check my work-but I got distracted and the weather warmed up. Followimg my winter vacation, when I got home form Florida, I got a deal on the new trailer-so I really got sidetracked as it arrived 7 weeks early so the Airstream is on a friends farm east of here. With the new trailer, an R-6.5X2" strip every 16" on center with an R-14 cavity insulated shouldn't make that much differance except in your neck of the woods where I would add another 1" of polyisocynate foam board for a R-21 or anotherwords R-14 over the stds with a R-21 filling for the walls and ceiling....the floor being another issue, as the heat loss is only 10% when not moving...another thing I would suggest is some alternate methods of heating your rig-if one unite poops out-which has been known to happen-there would be other ways of maintaining heat....maybe a combiation of electric and propane with the possibility of using engine heat through a series of heater cores and fans....maybe an indoor fireplace/wood heating stove/propane radiant energy source ......geof
geof is offline   Reply With Quote