Thread: Fuel Mileage
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 08:44 PM   #10
Elburn Bill

Quote:
Originally posted by Chevy57PkUp:
My inquiry really had noting to do with anything you mentioned Kaye. You're right however about the goal; it's already checked off on my short list of things to do in life and I did think about what you said and I think you presume.

The only reason I had to ask was I happened upon a site advertising for people to haul/drive away RV's etc. and I questioned in my mind whether or not the amount per mile they offered seemd like an amount that made sense. Not that I'm ever going to do it, I'm just naturally curious.

Mark - What are you talking about?
Living in LaPorte, IN (about 35 miles west of RV Central - Elhart, IN) and having my property butt up to I80/Indiana Toll Road. I see all sorts of RVs (MH, 5ers, and TT as well as cargo/car/livestock trailers) go by being delivered by these people. There are a ton of them so it must be ok money. You're not going to get rich doing it but if that's your thing.

I personally couldn't stand sitting in all the traffic all the time.

To answer your question, I ave. 10.5 mpg pulling the Yukon XL and my best is almost 16 mpg with the Yukon XL in tow for 2235 miles.