View Single Post
Old 02-18-2004, 06:06 AM   #2
WERA

Just a thought - why not a full motorhome with a slightly larger trailer for the books/van/equipment? Either way the specs you've laid out should work great for you although the twin screw would be nice it's not necessary. My FL112 has a 22,700 rated rear axle and I'm nowhere close to it with a full load of water and the trailer hooked up. A few more tons still wouldn't be over the limit.

At 6'6" I'd stay away from the FL112, I'm 6'4" and slightly heavier and the windshield top is just a bit tooo short for comfortable driving. I'm going into either a Volvo or KW for that reason once this one sells. Not sure about the newer Freightliners or the regular semis though, the windshield thing mught just be an issue in the business class trucks.

One other thing, depending on the setup equipment you're talking about you might not need a full stacker. I've got a Renegade trailer at 9.5' interior height, put in shelves using e-track, brackets, 2x4's and plywood for all of my equipment and put my Jeep in under them. The shelf height is 6'6". Much cheaper than a lift of some sort. It's a 24' trailer, got some pix if you're interested in seeing the layout.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
WERA is offline   Reply With Quote