View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 09:57 PM   #3
vapoppa

B.D., thats purely a mater of choice. IMHO, there are really good points to both sides. the auto is easier to drive [more lady friendly], is probably quicker to 60-70 mph, i know others will jump in with more. that said i wouldn't trade my eaton 18 auto shift for any other tranny in a BIG truck made today. yeah, some would ? my sanity. but i simply am crazy [see even i know it]. however, with a low-low and 18 gears and pulling a 3.08 rear gear i've never had a moments dissatisfaction with how my coach is geared. this past summr we drove from ga. to ottowa, then calgry, then fairbanks, ancorage, washington, then idaho,loottssss of mountains both up and down, thru all of yellowstoneback thru st.louis and back to ga. our mileage varied from 7.? to 11.?. the lifetime average is now 9.89mpg, which is since i picked it new. it climbs, jakes like you wouldn't believe, gets good mileage,IMHO, and will top out at over 115mph. again this is only my experience and i reccommed that you try to get to drive some of the different rigs set up like you want yours.-- best of luck --- happy huntin'----mase
vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote