View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 04:20 PM   #7
5erFool (John)

Bulvot,
Check out Kingsley again... they have changed considerably lately... new upper management... new home office etc.. they are outside of Minneapolis Minn. now and Ralph has stepped down from the day to day running of the company.. it is now more of a commercial endeavor than ever before..They do offer a complete exterior conversion with the interior left for you to do... they can get accurate about the price real quick...and are VERY flexible on what they build for you... Most of the other companies are generally less flexible and of coarse less expensive... unfortunately the fit and finish also is less impressive at times... Showhauler makes a fine coach but they are quite rigid on layout etc. United is more flexible, I have noted no flexibility with Renegade. Basically you have to check each one individually with your proposed floor plan in hand
I would suggest you decide what type of construction you want first and then you will be more able to look for the company that uses that method. It varies from tubular steel construction with aluminum siding glued on (Showhauler) to total aluminum framing and everything in between. There is bonded side walls and roof with aluminum framing, FRP (fiberglass reinforced plywood) and nearly any combination you can think of. There is a good list of converters in the links section of this site.
Kingsley uses a sidewall/roof system built by Thor... vacuum bonded fiberglass/aluminum framing/ interior finish with insulation included. Then they use the truck they prepare and finish it all off.. We visited their new plant in Minn this year and many other companies in the last year or two...so if you have any questions I can help with let me know
We are still looking for the perfect one for us..
Good luck and welcome,
John
5erFool (John) is offline   Reply With Quote