View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #1
geofkaye

....I counted 76 racing teams selling out/going under[selling MH/TOTER/TRAILERS.... The guys that build stuff for me are selling their business [$2M] and going back to Ky....leaving Indy for Ky...ain't that the chit! Seems the lack of personnel/funding/reimbursements are killing off the circle track guys and I heard-but don't know the source very well- that the gate numbers are off >15% currently. Small tracks are getting killed off unless they offer reduced tickets and more bootie to the participants....fans want a show of some sort[head banging music+girlies] also and reduced beer prices...seems that a plastic trophy just doesn't over come the $200 for fuel to get to the race track along with the cost of a circle burner these days.....the teams want more $$$$$ to show up and go around and around for a hour or two.....Carlos said the the business side was off >73% at this point and commercial ticket buyers were in an up roar about rebates for unused seats that could be resold....Indicated that ticket sales for years down the road by sponcers were fading or being put off till they see what is happening in the economy for 2009....stick around for more news as it becomes available....I can not meet with all the guys all the time-so I got to do what I can when I can....but there is a lot of pizing and moaning so maybe the time is right to pick up that HM/TOTER/ TRAILER at a bargain price-wheeling and dealing and stealing-is exceptable in hard times and do a little polish and shine-some of the sponcer unites are spectacular....geofkaye
geofkaye is offline   Reply With Quote