View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
Ran D. St. Clair

Hey guys, I need your help.

I am trying to get the Stealth Camper insured and so far no insurance agent wants to touch it. I have been bouncing around this and other forums looking for recommendations. I saw the recommendation from Geofkay for National Interstate, but they just turned me down. They all say the same thing. They can't insure my truck because I built it. If it was commercially built that would be different. I also tried Bancorp South Insurance Services, Inc. out of Livingston, TX with the same results. I've only tried a few thus far, but I figure it might be faster to ask around first.

I am probably further complicating the situation by telling them that I will be wanting to get full timer coverage, contents coverage, and possibly other stuff. Then again, you would think they would be eager to write a more expensive policy.

I am guessing that I might need to work with an agent that is a bit more sympathetic. Perhaps one of you has a more personal contact that might get me somewhere. The generic internet quoting systems seem to be too cookie cutter for what I need.

Any suggestions are appreciated...
Ran D. St. Clair is offline   Reply With Quote