Thread: Water Heaters
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 10:27 PM   #11
KAYE RIVERCITY

.....I'm of the idea that one should have several backup systems to be self contained:...Electric-water- heat and A/C....A guy I used to teach with had a HWH that ran off the heat in the Radiator cooling system of the Motorhome......He had an 80 gallon foam insulated tank of 110 degree water for whatever he wanted to use if for....never and I mean Never ran out of hot water -his main source was engine heat and electric cal-rod unites in the HWH...If he couldn't get enough electricity he just took a drive for a hour..He pluged it in the canpgrounds or ran the generator or both but he had all hot water.....he taught me to drink bottled water-he was an over the road truck driver and Never drank any water unless it was in a bottle....he'd use engine heat if the electric heaters were broken leaving the coach on high Idle all nite and if it was really bad he'd use both electric and engine heat and a heating blanket....His A/C was the same engine A/C and one over head if he had electric or use a 30 inch fan directed on himself if all else failed with the engine fast idleing or using the generator....His feeling was that If he had a major beak down in some system it wouldn't ruin his vacation or weekend trip.....Tom traveled all over till he died of cancer of the liver.......geofkaye