View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 08:26 AM   #6

cjc

It's refreshing to see one honest customer on this site. I have owned many entertainer coaches. I am currently purchasing my second motorhome built on a truck chassis! Many of my coaches are lease to entertainers. These coaches travel over 60,000 miles per year. Not a single company has been trouble free. I will admit the Provost shell has been a good choice. The companies who complete the interior is another issue.

Ironically, I have found the owners who promote the motorhome venders always have a trouble free coach! LOL! For example the guys who responded to you! For the rest of us we pay for an extended warranty to cover the little stuff. As to getting them repaired on the road you are in the same boat as most customers. Good Luck! It sound like you have a Lemon! Every company large or small will create one! If you have one the odds are there is another one driving down the road. Unfortunately motorhome manufactures are not like many well known computer companies that will replace your lemon! They seem more like insures companies who hope you will grow tired of the 1200 mile trip and go away!

My advice would be to find a conversion company that does not construct the conversion using RV parts. If you decide to keep your current coach do not purchase Rv parts to repair it. The Rv parts are not made to stand the test of time.

Look at parts manufactures that offer a long factory warranty on the parts! Forget the 90 day and one year crap sold via Rv dealers and RV websites! Example: You can purchase a cheap inventor or pay a few extra dollars for a inventor with a 10 year factory warranty. The truck chassis are timeless. But do not think they will run forever without service.

Hope these hints will help you. Since 1968 I have owned coach. Not a single coach has been trouble free. I have found most units sold thru retail Rv Dealers offer to be the lowest quality. If you can afford to pay the dealers profit you can afford quality.

Good luck! Please keep us posted on if you turn your Lemon into Lemonaid!