View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 06:27 AM   #4
rjdhomes

Glamis, The previous posts are right on track. I have experience with Haulmark, United Specialties and Renegade. You will want to partly base your decision on how flexible you can be finding a floorplan that suits you. The next question is: which exterior coach frame & wall system you prefer.

The interior difference that I notice would be that United Specialties and Showhauler seem to have a "fancier" interior, while the Haulmark and Renegade are more utilitarian, although you can dress them up with options, interior color and material selections. I have no experience with NRC.

If you need a whole lot of customizing, Haulmark is out. Showhauler and United Specialties can do just about anything, not completely sure about NRC- I think they customize also. Renegade does more customizing then people seem to know about. They all build on the same chassis types.

As far as price difference, I have specified coaches from different manufacturers and I have not found a big difference in dealer cost if you compare "apples to apples". The wide range of dealer markup is probably what you are seeing. Showhauler does seem to be a little higher as I talk to other people- very nice product though. The other price difference is in the chassis. I have a $5,000 to $8,000 difference on chassis prices depending on when they were ordered by the coach manufacturers. There have been and will be increases because of steel, fuel, etc. Luckily, I bought a bunch when the price was much lower.

If you can't make it to the factories, you may be able to attend the PRI show in Indianapolis next week. You would need credentials and be in a business related to racing though. Butler is supposed to be there also.

I Hope to visit Glamis one day with our 4-wheelers.

Good Luck!!
Bob
rjdhomes is offline   Reply With Quote