View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 09:14 AM   #12
geof

I'm am rebuilding a Airstream Travel Tailer with some help form an employee..as we took it apart to the outside skin we discovered that each fiberglass insulation batt had settled into the cavity and left a gap on each cavity of 2-3 inches....Airstream is a top of the line trailer and I brought up this at a company tour 3 weeks ago-company Rep said that fibergalass batts do settle if not glued to the outside skin-but how long does it take for the glue to go bad?...He didn't know for sure but suspected that it should be good for the life of the trailer. The one I'm rebuilding is a "77....so it did not last the "life of the trailer".....I suspect they do know about the insulation failure but choose not to do anything about it....Again I'd insist on sprayed in place insulation on a custom rig-similiar to reefer trailers used for hauling frozen of chilled foods....might cost $1.75-$2.00 per square foot-checking around here is hard to do as I have to bring the trailer to the vender for an estimate....the "R" value of sprayed in place is around a R-10 per inch-so 2 inches would be most excellent and 3 inches would mean you heat with a candle and cool with a bag of ice...Think about it!.....geof
geof is offline   Reply With Quote