Thread: Hey Warpath,
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 06:14 PM   #5
Warpath

Sorry guys for the delay in getting back, but life is so insane right now.

Anyway, I got a Winnebago Vectra 40' KD, optioned out.

Turning radius is far Superior due to the fact that the front axles is actually behind the driver. It crazy to backup a conversion for all those years and than one of these. Totally different turning points.

As far as space, the motor in the rear is very low in the chassis and it is under the rear closet. No drive shaft down the center so far more storage. And since the captains chairs rotate and they are apart of the main salon they can be apart of the actual living space. And Winnie with all of their years of experience get the idea of maximizing absolutely every ounce of space. As far as luxuries you really need to live in a conversion for a while and than do it in a high end pusher. Now I will say I just saw Pony Express's new Columbia conversion and I must say it has to be the nicest conversion I have seen so far. They must have really took there time and did their homework. It truly was awesome, the exterior seamlessly flowed from cab to box (it actually looked like one piece) all fiberglass, great paint job, interior was top of the line and was very close to a high pusher. Not sure why they don't have it up on their site yet.

Bill