View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #2
Warpath

Boy if you would have only been looking a year earlier. I would say last year you could have had any 05 or older for at least $30,000 less than what they are selling for now. I monitor Racingjunk quite often and early in the year Haulmark & others started to turn out some really high end rigs with 3 & 4 slides, decked out interiors, full custom body paint in the 250,000 range. Once that happened all of sudden the used stuff started to see higher prices as well.

Ahh but only wait a short time and it will probably change again. With these higher end upgraded rigs, I think it pulled in new buyers. But as you see in many of the ads there are a ton of 07 used stuff with low miles flooding the market. I think alot of these new buyers have no clue what a conversion is about and quickly find out that it was not what they had imagined it to be.

The problem with NADA and conversions is that it is near impossible to judge the builder, the chassis and the customization into a standard price for a rig. Unlike traditional RV's you will need to do alot more homework to really judge what is a fair deal.