Thread: Kingsley
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2005, 06:43 AM   #13
Warpath

Actaully, I have been thinking about this and I have decided to change my stance on this whole subject. Until I see that people are having issues with their coaches due to the different build techniques, all is good in my book. So much is changing in the industry so quickly that I really can't apply what I had researched 4 years ago to be true now. The only real way to know if a manufacturer is doing good or bad is to get feedback from the owners of those coaches, not by me speculating on what I think is good or bad.

My big thing when TC's came about was that for the first time I saw a vehicle as having the weight carrying capacity to use a lot of steel (16" o.c.) which would offer the ability to use real solid wood throughout without the chance for it falling off the walls. In traditional MH construction weight is a major issue and so companies use steel or aluminum on 24" or more and then have to use faux this and fake that to keep weight down and the cabinets on the walls.

BTW: I do think Kingsley puts out the nicest looking (from the outside) rigs out of anyone. They really pay alot of attention to details like matching roof lines, extending polished s.s. on the sides all the way from front to back, ect...