View Single Post
Old 01-28-2006, 10:19 PM   #8
KAYE RIVERCITY

....chuck: I removed the interior and had Miss Dorthy clean it with the extractor in the sunshine and let it dry over nite and then clean it again the next day....Miss Dorthy only has one eye that works and she will miss spots now and then-but she got them all on the second pass.....the interior is cardboard backed so you can't get it too wet- I don't use a wetting agent in the extractor-just a commercial carpet cleaner and hot water[140d]......with all the interior out I used mostly Poly board/liquid Nail [scraps from another job] to fill the gaps and had a friend spray the rest with his foam rig same as with the trailer....I did do a lot with spray cans but ran out of time and had him finish the insulation for me......I gave him 2 houses to spray so me made off like a bandit on the deal......the trailer is 2 inches thick[minium] and the tractor is 4-7 inches thick except the doors and they are bubble wrapped 2 times inside and out.....maintaing heat and cool is not an issue to -5 and as hot as 100 in the sun-[no matter how much the wind blows]....I'm all electric heat and cooled by generator or shore power[13,000 btu's max.]......as soon as I get this house done in Fairfax, Ohio and move I'm installing a foam unite in a trailer and doing small contractor jobs-DIY's- and RV's and other easy jobs along with building custom RV unites myself.....it works so well and is so profitable it is like stealing without a gun or gyn shoes.....MAX insulation value for buck -you can't beat it.....It eliminates the problem with air blowing threw the cracks[infiltration] and blowing all the heated/cooled air out of any structure......you can build with less mass and use the polyiso to fill the voids-strengthen the unite and increase the insulation by a factor of 4-eliminate vermin and bugs-add fire resistance...very easily.........and it works every time-with no come backs.....You might call North Corolina Foam Industries to see what they can tell you about prepackaged unites.....I know that they are on the market as I have seen them-but I wasn't interested in them as I want a mixing unite and all that goes with it for commercial use.....I'd ask for Barry Culp he and I know each other and I'll be buying my stuff from him-he is a "good old boy"....he supplied the foam for both of my remodeled houses through Jeff Combs here in Ohio last month and in '95......Jeff is mostly interested in Commercial Roofing and rarely uses his foam rig.....geofkaye