View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 11:11 PM   #14
rjdhomes

azrandy, back to your original question on costs. A 30' to 34' conversion (44' total length) on a new Columbia will cost between $155,000 stripped down 30' single axle and $210,000 loaded 34' tandem axle. A new Columbia is priced somewhere between $72,000 (single axle, Mercedes, Freedom) and $85,000 (tandem axle, Detroit, Freedom) depending on when it was ordered, do the math to figure out the conversion cost. An alternative to a used chassis is the Freightliner Reconfigured Day Cab Program. Freightliner will take a fleet of lease return condo sleeper tractors and remeve the sleeper, refurbish and warranty the trucks, you check off the options you want just like ordering new. I have seen them sell for between $32,000 and $39,000. Most of the conversion companies will use your used truck. To get the custom interior may cost more depending on what you want, you can probably get what you want from Showhauler, NRC or United Specialties. I have seen some pretty nice motorhomes on used chassis. If you need financing, you may have trouble finding a lender unless it is a newer chassis since (I believe) conversions can only go back 2 chassis model years and still be titled as current year. I hope this helps you.

Bob
rjdhomes is offline   Reply With Quote