View Single Post
Old 03-30-2003, 06:57 PM   #4
JoeHDVoyager

OLDphoneman - How could you write that much and then say you don't mean to be critical? How can you ask questions like: "Are you satisfied with your design -- Is it engineered properly -- fastened securely -- and do you know how to operate (it)" and then say your not being critical? Your being critical. But, that's great. I've picked up a couple of important pointers from your post. Thanks! I went out this afternoon and greased the heck out of the slider rails. Wish I'd read your post first. Guess I better get that stuff off and buy a bottle of Dawn dishwashing liquid. As far as loosing important deck space goes, it's not important to me. As far as the motorcycle lift goes, please go to the same photo album and take a look at the three pictures of Jim Gehlan's Volvo. That's the truck I'm using as a model. My hitch is going to sit 1/8" higher than Jim's does. (The bed will be built up 5" above the frame to allow for a complete dump of the air suspension system.) Jim said his Alfa sits about three inches high in the front (when compared to the back) but he has had no problems. Most of that can be corrected by adjusting the pin itself if I get a trailer that sits that high. Take a look at Jim's ToyTrax motorcycle lifts on the front of his bed. They pull the motorcycle onto the bed from the side. I've got a few more pictures that show a bike being loaded and in position on the bed if your interested. If so, let me know and I'll email them to you. But, there's no way I'm sticking my 800 pound, $25,000 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic Electra-Glide "luxury touring motorcycle" out there at the point of initial impact with Bambi. Joe

1998 Volvo VNL64T610 N14Cummins
JoeHDVoyager is offline   Reply With Quote