View Single Post
Old 03-20-2003, 06:10 PM   #5
Warpath

Gary -

You confirmed my thoughts. I could see the small bins which remained above the lower bins they add. Anyway, a Powerhouse coach may last many years with no problems, but I can send you to my iRV2.com site and let you read horror story after horror story about brand new tt's, 5th wheels, motorhomes that are literally falling apart after only a short period of time. The problem is, these manufacturers have to cut corners to lighten up the RV for the chassis they put these on. And now customers want super slides which even add more weight. The steel structures are sparse, the luan backed gel coat fiberglass exterior used is way to thin to hold up to the flexing these structures go through. And the interior cabinets, draws, walls, ect are just plain cheap and do not hold up to even minimal use. And if that thing has a rubber roof (a lot of the traditional rv mfg'ers use rubber roofs) runnnn! I am not sure what rocket scientist thought putting a rubber roof on a vehicle that runs at speeds of 60 - 70 mph encounters low hanging branches, and is a maintenance nightmare should have had his head examined.

So far 2600 miles on my rig and I still can not find one darn thing that needs repaired, or a tweak, or tightened, or nothing.

Robert, I don't want to sound like I am saying you need or have to buy a Show Hauler to have a good conversion. I just want you to be sure to check every possible structural component and to be aware if it is short of say Show Hauler's construction, what the potential problems maybe.

2003 28' Show Hauler Motorhome on a 1995 FL 120 www.showhauler.com
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote