View Single Post
Old 03-29-2003, 03:30 AM   #20
Mike E

Thanks Steve,
Bill R did send me a package and it was interesting to see all the things done to his truck. However, the package did not include the California requirements or info on how to get it registered in California. I know that Bill's truck had already been registered as a motorhome in Oregon so perhaps many or most of the modifications had already been done and they were sufficient for Ca. However, I will be starting from scratch so I need to know the actual equipment required. I know such a list does exist and I will try to get someone at the DMV to give it to me. The info is not in the vehicle code. It is in a manual that the DMV uses but is not generally available to the public. If it is available online, I haven't found it yet but if anyone knows, please let me know. As a law student, I have access to Westlaw and Lexisnexis Research System (legal databases) so I can easily pull up any statute or regulation from any state but it helps if I already know the section numbers. I have been a little preoccupied this week due to the birth of my new son so I will get back on it next week. Later.
Mike
Mike E is offline   Reply With Quote