View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #25
WalliK

Thanks Gary and Chevy57. Yea, there is a meaning to (,) and (.), sometimes even to ";" and (!)

Quote:
and I saw NOT A SINGLE conventional, COE only.
so to make it clear for Marc:
I did not see a single conventional cab.
I saw COE only.

And I am sorry I did not say "on my trip to Europe" but I confined it to Austria.

Although I am sure that even National Geographie Channel might have mentioned one of the problems is Austria is the "pass-through traffic".

Based on its location on Europe (most eastern country of the former "Western Europe" before Europe opened to "Eastern Europe", EU, Schengener Staaten...) and its size (a whoping 60 miles N-S direction in the western part and maybe 200 miles in the eastern part) trucks from Northern/Western Europe (D,S,NL,F) going to Southern Europe (I,SLO,CH) passing through. As well as all the traffic going to the former East Block (CS, SK, H, YU, HR,PL) passing through Austria E-W direction.

So, not to give geographie lessons, (sorry everybody) but to explain that there are more non-austrian Trucks on the road then trucks from Austria and therefore I took it on me to assume the vehicle pattern I saw on the Freeways there (A1,A2) would be representative for all of Europe.

Happy, Marc?

Although you scared me there when you said in your first post:

Quote:
Has anybody Drivin, Ridden In, Or even seen these trucks in person and not a Picture, But Dumb Fat & Happy Me ???? Yeah its a little scarey driven on the wrong side for the first couple miles.
Because in Europe traffic is on the same side of the road as here!

But then I just though it could be that "one-eye-only" situation or did you mean Great Britain? The Britsh are part of EU, but they dont consider themselves as Europe, but still old "British Islands" and are (besides Malta I think) the ONLY country in Europe with traffic on the left. I think we have one member from GB on here, I hope I am right.

Well, enough typing for 1 day. Originally I tried to ignore that mumbling rumbling but as there were too many posts regarding mine I had to chime in again.
WalliK is offline   Reply With Quote