View Single Post
Old 11-27-2003, 12:52 PM   #4
Boomer

HA HA, How much money do I want to spend or how much money do I have????? I want to spend a lot but I don't have any!!!!, so I will end up building the toter myself. But I am a perfectionnist, I will do it very well or not at all. I am still in the research phase of my project.
I have quite a lot of hills to go from my home town to the places that I race but I don't necessarily want to race with anybody going up the hills, I do my racing on the track!! I just want to have a truck that will get me over the hills comfortably and economically(miles/gallon).
But when you are talking about the guys with the pickup trucks struggling up the hills, that is me with my present setup, 1996 GMC 3500 crew cab 2WD with a 350 Vortec engine, and struggling is not the word, it is more like barely making it!!!
I want to buy a used truck and not have to get the frame lengthened, I saw a few single axle FL80's with 24 or 26 foot boxes on top, if I take off the box do you think a truck like that would be O.K.?
I also would like to have an acceptable ride when not towing the trailer if possible!
Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Boomer

A Winner never quits, A Quitter never wins.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote