View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 11:22 PM   #1
Walt

Howdy,

The roof of my conversion sags a good bit around the air conditioner, probably about 3 inches or so. This wouldn't be a big deal, except when it rains and the truck is parked on level ground, water pools around the AC and eventually rises to the point of entering the cabin through the AC itself.

So, I need to find a way to un-bow the roof. So far, the best idea I've come up with is to attach a couple of steal beams that go cross-wise all the way across the top of the roof, one directly in front of the AC, and one directly behind, so the ends of the beams are over the side walls of the box. Beneath the center of each of those beams, on the inside of the truck, I would have a 8"x24" steel plate. I could then attach bolts from the steal beams, though the roof, and into the steel plates. Tightening those down would theoretically suck the roof back to level, correct?

I don't know if my explanation made any sense or not, but if it did, does it seem like something like that might work? Does anyone have any better ideas?

Thanks,
Walter
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote