View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 09:12 AM   #3
BravestDog

The seller says it's built by "Custom Cruiser" and has a lifetime warranty. The warranty is a nice feature, but if you have to travel hundreds or thousands of miles, it's not practical. I wonder if they will honor the warranty at another facility if the distances are too far to drive...?

I like:

1. the idea of having the large windows on the side, hopefully they are on both sides, large sliders or top hinged and swing out to take advantage of natural ventilation when it's available.

2. an upper bunk on each side above the diner and couch. high sleepers are out of the way during the day and can be pulled down at night, (these units look fixed in place). Saves and utilizes unsused space. If you could connect the two upper bunks, you could have a sleeping loft upstairs.

The text says a diner and couch, but the floorplan looks like 2 couches so I guess we stick to the text? If you look carefully at one of the pictures, you can see part of the diner on the passenger side.

If the conversion had slide outs on each side, that would have really opened up the living/eating/sleeping area. More money...

The upper bunk mattress looks like it is about 8-10" thick and sits on top of the frame which looks 6-8" tall. Must be comfy but I think all you really need is a few inches of padding. Thick mattresses take up a lot of unecessary space.

Even a canvas type cot/rack, like the type that the Navy uses on their aircraft carriers are comfy, take up little space. They can be stacked and adjusted depending upon how many guests you have sleeping over...

I'm thinking if the upper bunks folded or lifted upwards and out of the way when not in use...wonder if that would have been a better design and made the inside more open...? Some motorhomes have a bed than is stored against the ceiling and pulls down when you need it.

3. the walk on roof is really cool. would have been nice if it extended the entire conversion lenght, but I guess then you'd have all the railing to store and handle, but I guess you could rail only part of it and then walk in center and don't fall off...

4. Would be nice if the garage portion had either would slats or E-track for tying things to like the inside of a box truck.

5. Maybe more windows in the garage portion so if you are in there working you can see what's happening on the outside.

6. I think it needs a large rear steel bumper so when you hit something or somebody hits you, the damage is minimal to the body and the bumper takes the beating.

The garage and rear lift could double as a dance floor and store the kegs of beer...Bad part is the drunks would fall off the rear and then sue you for your rig...but I guess you could then surrender the rig to them, and attend their party and fall off...and have this perpetual ownership/lawsuit exchange...

I still like it.
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote