View Single Post
Old 12-10-2004, 03:57 PM   #2
BravestDog

I posted the same question here rv-coach.com and somebody responded with this answer.
http://www.rv-coach.com/current_cate...read_full.html

There's lots of differences between MCI's and Eagles, but the major ones are:

1. Construction - MCI's are built using mostly aluminum and stainless steel in their skeleton, Eagles are all steel, so they tend to rust more.

2. Suspension - MCI's use airbags (relatively easy to replace, floaty ride), Eagles use the Torsilastic Torsion bar suspension (some feel a superior ride and better handling, but the Torsilastic gets tired & when they run out of adjustment, they are a pain and major $$ to replace).

3. Turning radius - MCI's have their drive axle mounted ahead of the tag (when you turn sharply, the pivot point is the drive axle since it carries more weight). All Eagles except the Model 01 (1960-68) have their drive axle at the rear most position, which makes them have a greater turning radius.

4. Parts - MCI is still in business and while there are plenty of Eagle parts available, they are not as plentyful or reasonably priced as MCI parts, since Eagle has gone out of business (many times).

To sum it up, they're both good coaches - and they both have some good and bad engineering. I think a choice may come down to preference on styling and the right deal. (I hope I wasn't too long winded).
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote