View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 04:54 PM   #8
Bulvot

Peter-

That's good info on the reciprocity. I wasn't aware of that. My state has a max length of 45' for the RV and 65' total with trailer. Do you hav any links with info on the reciprocity? Sounds like something that would be worth printing out and keeping in the truck.

Do you have any pics of your setup? I'd love to see it. I might consider doing the conversion myself but I'm in the middle of building a house and the prospect of building another living space isn't thrilling me right now The T2000 I want to start off with is going to cost me a bit more, but I really like the ergonomics and my wife plans on driving it so the autoshift is important.

John-

Thanks for the good info. I had heard a little about Kingsley's changes but didn't know how it affected their business and product. I remember Ralph being very accomodating of my special requirements. I have a good idea of the layout that I want, so it really comes down to build quality. Show Hauler has a layout that is very close, but I want to install some bunks in place of a couch in one location.

I guess I have a bit more research to do in terms of materials. I want something that will last me 15 years and still be able to sell it. I want it to be solid and feel as much like a home as possible.

In general, would you say that tubular steel with aluminum rivetted skin is the most solid? Last thing I want is to have to rip out dry-rotted wood in 5 or 10 years. I've done my share of that on travel trailers (and a lot of other maintenance) and I don't want to do that on this motorhome.

You said Thor provides Kingsley's sides and roofs. Thor makes regular travel trailers, right? Not giving me great feelings about Kingsley's shell

I'll do some more research on the materials everyone uses and that will help me narrow it down, as you said.

What truck (for the base) do you think you're going to end up with? Are you going to get a trailer to go with it?

Thanks for all the help, guys!
Bulvot is offline   Reply With Quote