View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 05:23 PM   #7
BravestDog

The reason I'm concerned about the pattern used on the rear of the truck is because I have been driving at 60mph on unfamiliar mountain highways, at night, alone, and saw something 1/4 mile ahead, like the back end of a truck... and I'm wondering "What the hell is that?"

It's as though my brain can't figure it out because I'm not sure what I'm seeing at that moment...until I get closer to it and then can recognize it. But when I first see it, I'm not sure what I'm seeing.

So I'm thinking, if a person was drunk and driving on this same road, what does that person see? Red and white stripes that they think is the road to Fairyland or the road to Jack Daniels brewery...?

Anyway, I want a pattern that doesn't look like a tunnel entrance to a drunk person. So I don't get rear ended and then end up injured or dead while the drunk driver gets away uninjured and doesn't even know he caused the accident.
"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, Sea and Land, 1874-1922.
BravestDog is offline   Reply With Quote