View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 12:56 PM   #8
Elburn Bill

I have the 12 spd FreedomLine in our Kingsley. We just got back from a 2255 mile round trip with it. I would not order a truck with any other tranny!! I drove the Eaton AutoShift and it is MUCH better than a regular clutch and the Freedom is 10x better than that. Just north of Chattanogga, TN there is a 8 mile section of 6% grade. Hit it at 10pm on the way down. With the exhaust-brake set at position 2 (of 3) the tranny kept downshifting to keep the coach at 45 mph. On the way back I had the cruise set at 75 and it held it all the way up the hill. I passed every truck and most cars without even breaking a sweat. When I hit IN/IL border this afternoon I was faced with bumper to bumper holiday crawl. It is so nice not to have to worry about changing gears. You can also place the tranny in a "manual" mode that allows you to change gears without a clutch.

I did have 2 issues where "SM" came up on the screen. The first was due to the ABS wires being accidentally cut during the conversion. This just places the tranny into a "limp home" mode that requires you to manually shift it. The second was due to a loose wire in in the connection plug.

I will pull out my paperwork and check the warranty.