View Single Post
Old 09-20-2002, 02:51 PM   #11
Pegasus

Jack,

I've not really had a chance to stick my head under a truck to see just how many mods need to be made so my knowledge is limited in that regard. My experience is mostly as a driver and a very part time mechanic. Basically I've turned just enough wrenches and logged more than enough miles on class 8s to be over the "intimidation" factor.

I have no doubt that the rest of the people are steering you in the right direction. That being said, please use all advice (including my own) as a starting point for your own research.

In my case, I think current cash flow (from me to creditors) has pushed back my plans for a bit.

As a side note, I'm looking at trading in my current J-O-B for transporting RVs. I just can't get the siren's call of the road out of my head! Unfortunately these transport companies are not real friendly toward the idea of a converted class 8. The biggest I've seen them go is an FL-70 licensed at 26000 GVW.

My point? Jack if you get real close to parting with that F550, give me a shout!

Jon aka Pegasus

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote