View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 06:41 AM   #3
vapoppa

being the only person on the conv. net with a sleeper cab, [t2000] , i think that the sleeper is the way to go. you do lose the space above the seats which could be a small bunk or storage. it seems that most of the companies doing conversions prefer to use day cabs. i like the sleeper because you can stand up in the cab without ducking your head. the difference in used prices i believe is because of the way the trucks are speced out. the sleeper truck are speced for over the road usage and are generally intended to be able to go further miles wise before needing major repairs. that doesn't mean that a day cab truck is not as good a truck, it's just that they are run on short trips or local deliveries. i'll ask the other guy's a question of my own, do you all like the way the day cabs look and is the lack of head room in the cab a non issue? inquiring mine wants to know. i talked with renegade last summer and they were about to do their first sleeper conv.. oh, spooner there is no hole in the back of s sleeper cab either, it's just that with kingsley my cab/sleeper was cut 6 1/2 inches behind the door jamb and the rest of the sleeper discarded. kingsley has also made some units with long cabs, full length sleepers with the back of the sleeper cut out and there are photos on kingsleys site of them. som units have extra seats in that area and others use it for more room in the front of the coach. a 27 ft. long box with a 10 ft long sleeper would give you a 37 ft long coach unit plus the front of the cab, 9ft or so, which makes the unit46 ft long. hope this helps. mase
vapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote