View Single Post
Old 03-11-2006, 12:27 PM   #3
Marc

Here is my $.01 cents. As a long time Pacaar Owner and Fan. The newest large Conventional Volvo Model beats them all. When it comes to motors I am sorry to say that a Big Block Volvo also is on the top of the list. When it comes to all the things from Comfort,Room,Quality and the way it Handles,Pulls,Rides and Construction it can't be beat. Go Drive one for a couple hours loaded and empty and you will love it. They are giving Pacaar a run for there money. I am not saying that BMW and VOLVO Cages are equal but they are close. I have had Volvo Cages for 20+ years and feel the same quality is there in both Truck & Cage The only thing(although proven)I would never have is a Automatic Box. I really think it's a Mental thing on my part. I learned to drive on Triplex & Quad Boxes,And that was a long time ago. Depending on application any 13,15 or 18 spd.RR with Double O.D. is the Cats Ass. Well I think that was more then a penny's worth.

PLEASE NOTE: Even though I just posted a Recall reference about VOLVO under Announcements, I do not recall any other HD Truck Mfg. recently doing anything but taking a cruise down the DE-NILE RIVER. Even IH ended up in Court before they did anything back in the mid-late 90's