View Single Post
Old 10-13-2004, 09:37 PM   #4
KAYE RIVERCITY

....if you want to be very comfortable in a 4 seasons coach/trailer one has to use polyisocynate insulation [sprayed or board]-installed properly or one has to run the heat or A/C constantly to keep it reasonably comfortable....There are too many horror stories of coaches either freezing up in the cold or the owners can't sleep because it is too hot.....and too many stories of running out of propane or a circuit breaker popping in the night and of course the wide spread problems of low voltage burning out A/C motors....By insulating the coach properly-or in my case-trailer and Volvo 610 tractor-I have very little to worry about as my heat and A/C is/are running at a very low speed-if at all-when I go to bed....usually just the fan on after cooling down the trailer.....as for the tractor-I have a seperate unite that runs off the Onan generator or shore power and not much of that....the A/C is 9000 btu's and it is a meat locker in the sleeper because of the increased insulation and stoppage of the air ventulation system.....the other issue is the Incinolet toilet-it's all electric and there is no tanks to empty or freeze and no water lines to crack-leak....most impressive product I have invested in while building my rig.....geof