View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 07:41 AM   #10
Bob Hill

Since I'm new to this forum I'll tell you what I've found obout financing an older truck conversion.This has a work in progress for 2 years.First off there are some nice older conversions out there but the trouble is they are not titled right when they were converted.I guess it depends on what state you live in.You can buy a used chassis and take it whatever mfg you want to convert it.You have to have the title.When they convert it it's registered as a 2004 Motorhome.If it were still registered as a 97 Kenworth no finance company will do it for the simple fact it's still a 97 Kenworth no matter whats on the chassis.Yes you have to have great chedit but look at it this way.Pay $30,000 for a good chassis(there are a lot around condo or conv)The finance company takes the title and the mfg converts the thruk.If building the truck costs say $90,000-$100,000 your getting a motorhome that the way it was built will be running empty the rest of it's life.Just look at the underpowered new motorhome junk you can buy for$150,000-$200,000 and be upside down it when you drive of the lot. Just my opinion. Since I've driven trucks all of my life I can tell you that if you can drive a class A motorhome you can drive a converted truck it's not that hard and you can take this motorhome to any dealer and he will have parts day or night because the truck is what he sells. Thanks for listening
Bob Hill is offline   Reply With Quote