View Single Post
Old 12-24-2004, 02:02 PM   #1
Jim Gehlen

This is also posted on the Escapees Forum.

The 2nd Annual Class 7/8 Rally is scheduled for the 1st week in October, Oct 3-9, 2005 at Blasi Campground with Doonan Peterbilt of Wichita again doing the honors as the main sponsor.

As last year was a tremendous success, this year, 2005, will be better with many of the same events and seminars plus. Last year will be hard to beat.

All Class 7/8 operators and also all MDT operators are welcome. This is a great learning tool and we can never have enough tools.

Once again, the host RV Park will be Blasi and the following arrangements will be in effect:

Reservations should be made at Blasi Campground at (316.722.2481). No advance monies need to be sent and they may or may not send out a confirmation notice. Once you are on the books, your reservation is secure.

There are 110 pull-thrus, 40X50 with 30/50 amp service at each site, water and sewer at each site.

Rates will approximately the same this year:

26-30' = $105.00/week
31-35' = $112.00/week
35-40' = $119.00/week

The Rally itself will be held in conjuction with Doonan Peterbilt and Kenny has stated that we will have some vendors this year. Nothing specific at this time. I am also working on a member of the design team from Volvo, USA, in Greensboro, NC.

Suggest that to expedite any service you may need that you schedule them a month or so in advance. Doonan Peterbilt, 866.366.6267.

Once again the VIS check will be available as well as full service for all trucks. There will also be special deals on tires.

Valerie and I will be hosting this event again this year and we ask for a $5.00 wagonmaster fee, payable upon arrival, to offset expenses, i.e., name tags, table clothes, etc.

Any monies left over will be in a fund for a catered dinner, drawings or what ever the group decides.

You may rach me at JGehlen@direcway.com if you have any questions.

Sent by Hughes.net satellite
Jim Gehlen is offline   Reply With Quote