View Single Post
Old 05-21-2003, 04:48 AM   #1
chuck

The first part of this post is easy. Does anyone with a twin to my Volvo i.e. ex Knight transportation know the capcity of each of the fuel tanks. I think they may be 75 and 125, but not sure.

Next, I am looking at converting the large tank to be able to use recycled veggie oil. No I am not a flaming liberal - former Marine circa 1967 1968. But recent articles in Home Power magazines have intrigued me about bio diesel or straight veggie oil. I am interested in Bio diesel because I work for a consortium of folks trying to make ethanol production something other than a farm subsidie program. One of the ways to make biodiesel is to use ethanol.

Now you can use straight veggie oil as the good mr Diesel actually invented his first engine to run on peanut oil.

Straight veggie oil cannot be used to start your engine, need petro, so you start and stop on petro and use veggie inbetween. Downside of veggie, none so far. It runs, much, much cleaner, has more power and slightly better fuel economy. Can't afford new, but people are using restaurant oil that they clean. (My son is in the restaurant business ergo, I have a source).

Anyway the folks who have modified vehicles are in Mo and I may go visit them.

anythoughts from the closet tree huggers out there?

Chuck
chuck is offline   Reply With Quote