View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 01:58 PM   #2
Warpath

Glamis -

First, what are you looking to buy? Motorhome, Garage unit, or Toter?

Are you buying off the lot or you going to build custom to your spec's?

And last what is important to you? Is the chassis and frame your concern, how about interior fit & finish, exterior construction, ect..

There are a ton of varibles to consider in a conversions and you really need to identify those that are important to you and evaluate those in the actual product.

Show Hauler is one of the leaders when it comes to interior fit and finish & frame structure. They are also at the high end of the price scale because of this and their willingness to customize a conversion to you requirements. But there are somethings people dont like about them, such as their lack of insulation (although they will ad additional if you really want it and I have never had a problem with what they use & multiple exterior panels versus smooth side.

I will tell you that if it where me (and I am in the middle of building my second Show Hauler) I would definetly spend the bucks to get over to Indiana and check all of these guys out. $150,000 is a chunk a change, and I would not want to gamble on a rig that turns out to be junk. And I will tell you there is alot of junk on the market right now.

I am sure others will chime in on the other manufacturers.

Bill