View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 07:48 AM   #1
MikeinWV

Hello, what an excellent board. I think this is exactlly where I need to pose these questions... I hope you can help.

I am in the process of pulling together a business plan for a mobile service business that will be dedicated to large events like NASCAR races and the like. I am investigating purchasing a toterhome with a garage and pulling a trailer that houses the meat of the business. I am looking at a 22' toter with a 47 - 53' trailer. I may go with a smaller toter but the trailer is pretty well fixed. I will be pulling this on a 5th wheel and the overall weight will be 25 - 30 tons.

Now for the interesting questions... In your opinion, do you think I would be forced to obtain a CDL? I think I would do this anyway, just want your opinion. What about licensing and registration? Would this need a federal ID number (ICC I think) and apportion the fuel taxes? This is where I have no real clue. Everything I read says yes, but I hope not. Do you know when the requirments for logs and rest are must haves as well? This is another gray area for me. Total length wise I think I would be okay, but am I missing something there as well?

I appreciate any help you might be able to provide.

Mike
MikeinWV is offline   Reply With Quote