View Single Post
Old 04-21-2003, 01:19 AM   #6
Mike E

Hi Kevin,

Like you, I will probably bobtail around for short day trips and weekend trips a lot more than long trips with a 5er and I was wondering about hauling your two kids around. I have a 6 year old daughter and a 3 week old son and I need to make sure they are safely strapped in so I am considering all the options before I purchase. I could add seats like Bill (warpath) originally did in his FLD and with a double bunk like yours I would still have a bed, but I'd still prefer the 2 bunks be left intact. Another option I have considered is Kenworth's studio sleeper which has a sofa-bed and comes with seat belt-shoulder harnesses already installed. I could find a truck with a studio sleeper already on it, although they are scarce, or install the sleeper on another truck since Kenworth sells it separately as a pre-wired bare shell set up for the sofa-bed. What do you do to safely strap in all four family members when on a trip (or five when you take your mom)?

PS: How do you like your 750iL? I have a 735i which my wife loves but I lust after a 750 or a 740i sport edition. I much prefer the look of the 1995-2002 7 series to the new 745 but I seem to be in the minority.
Mike E is offline   Reply With Quote