View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 10:09 PM   #2
KAYE RIVERCITY

....and so the problem is?....your commercial or your not commercial......if there is any profit-of any kind-it is commercial.....In the vehicle towing business we have had that problem for a long time.....including but not limited to; ....exchanging sex for towing=commerical......have dinner with us= commerical.....how about a whiskey or two for coming out on a nite like this=DUI and commercial......if there is any exchange of anything of value your commerical......When I tow free=there is never any strings attached-I make that announcement ahead of time....If any of my friends tow using my roll-off wrecker and there is any exchange of anything of value-then there is NO insurance......It is just drawing a line in the sand again and defining terms and conditions.....nothing out of the ordinary these days.....most of this is brought on by the lobby for ithe insurance companies BTW.....not necssarly the enforcemant people as they have enough to do....MY Friend that is DOT has to inspect an average of 8 trucks a day for some rule infraction .....he must ticket any infraction or he can be held responcible himself for any outcome.....that is why I have him inspect my tractor and trailer for any problem ahead of time....I'd rather spend the time and money and have my ducks in a row than fight it out in court......Last time I was in court it was 5 years for the settlement of $6500.......geofkaye