View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #14
medent

fastlap:
The steering wheel motion in big Volvos (actually a 660) wasn't bump-steer. It was like the like the steering wheel shaft sort of bobled around a bit without causing steer changes, at least the way I just let it bobble, not trying to hold from bobbling.

Expanding on choice, Volvo-Freightliner is my hands on experience. With KWs I've not driven but talked to drivers & dealers and get a concensus that the T2000 has has growing pains from their intro in '97 or '98: electrical-instrument problems, wind noise in the door closures and wind bouncing the big cab around. From dealers things are getting better each year and by 2002 & 2003 the original problems are gone (ha ??). Get the latest one you can afford. One dealer said the 10 speed eaton autoshifts are good, get the 2nd generation (came out in 2001 KWs, pure push button no little shift stick), 18 speed one give more trouble. It looks like the big-cab Petes have their growing pains too. One driver with a new one liked it OK, another observation our KW dealer had a couple of them that were traded in for new T600s after only a couple of years, didn't get to details of why.

medent
medent is offline   Reply With Quote