View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 10:49 PM   #15
Racerx

Bill, I don't believe that your construction is standard Kingsley construction. Does the 5+" thick roof cut down on your head room? Perhaps you could get Kingsley to comment directly.
In the Kingsley section, I believe there is a detailed description of their standard and "custom" construction.
Other than taking a cheap shot at the Kingsley Customer who was unfortunate to have his Kingsley burn to the ground back in 2003.

They didn't dispute that the construction techniques and materials are exactly as he describes.

By my guess, if you had 14 adults on your roof, and they weighed 160lbs on average, and were standing on 4 square feet each, you could have a total weight on the roof of approx. 6-7 tons. Assuming the whole roof is as strong as the part you were standing on. You didn't say anything about the walls, they actually have to carry the whole load, in this case 162 lbs per foot. From what I know I wouldn't be as comfortable as you are, but then again, I'm an engineer so I look for facts not assurances.
I would run that by Kingsley and get one of their degreed engineers to sign off on your use. Can't be too safe or to skeptical when lives are at stake.
Racerx is offline   Reply With Quote