View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 06:53 AM   #20
Warpath

I have not seen any disc's up front (although I have not looked hard for this either) and I think the issue is heat. You would be amazed at how fast these brakes get hot on these things. Come off a big hill or into a rest area off the highway using brakes just a short time. Let it sit for about 5 or so minutes and touch your aluminum rims. Be careful, because those babies are smoken hot!

With that kind of heat so fast I think rotor warp would be a huge issues. And there is nothing worse than the vibration you get every time you hit the brakes with warped rotors.

I know FL will put air-ride on the front axle, but not sure what that would cost.

There are a few after market guys out there that you can add a system to your leaf spring front end. Basically the rear shackle bracket is replace with a air bag. I did Broc's on my FLD and it made a huge difference in the ride. The only issue I had with it is that it made the front end higher than stock by about 2-3 inches when you ran full air pressure in the bag. The other thing I noticed was a little more rock and roll in the chassis.

There is always a trade off when softening up the chassis for better ride.