View Single Post
Old 03-25-2005, 06:31 AM   #19
40,000 mile TC user

My responses are measured because it's my stomach lining that will get a hole in it if I continue to be aggrivated.

As far a suing Kingsley, They are broke so even if you win, what do you get?

My first call when I got to the scene and saw what had happened was to my Insurance Company and left the info. with them.
Then I called Ralph at Kingsley. He said he couldn't believe it and that he would send his ex-partner/ brother in law out to see it the next day, since he lived near there.
His brother in law was an fireman at some point, and we walked through the wreckage and he took some pictures.
He said that the fire obviously started in the Kenworth under the hood somewhere.
Nobody had seen the pictures that I have posted here yet because they were being developed at that point and nobody knew they existed.
The Fire Inspector had unspecified origin listed as the cause of the fire.
Ralph at this point said if I had a beef it should be with Kenworth, not Kingsley.
I went through the task of making an inventory of all the stuff that was in the rig. It took almost 1 week to sift through the stuff.
The insurance adjuster came out, but they are car adjusters and they know a fender bender but not something like this.
It was then sent to a Sr. Fire Investigator who tried to find the cause...
At this point the pictures that I have posted became available. Everybody got a copy.
Kingsley at this point avoided my insurance company's calls and didn't want to talk to anyone. They did continue to talk to me about replacement cost...

About a year ago, Kingsley inquired about who had the wreck and could they buy it, they told me they needed a generator and some other parts that they could reuse.
I gave them the insurance company's number. The company would not sell the unit, but is continuing to hold it. Perhaps they do intend to sue. I just don't know.

A bigger issue here is whether insurance companies will continue to want to insure units made by these small companies.